Skip to main content

TeamTremblay Christmas Greetings from Sunny Warm Orlando Florida

 
 
 We greet our friends and loved ones everywhere with a Christmas Message of Love and Hope. The King Has Come. The King Can Rule in Your Life. King Jesus Can Be YOUR Savior!

Timeline 2015 …

January 1.  
We rang in the New Year in Kissimmee, Florida with family (Dad and sister Deb at home – Mom in a nearby Rehab facility due to a fall before Christmas where she broke her leg).

February.
Our home of 16 years in Rumney, New Hampshire had a 4Sale sign in the window since July. We were contacted by some interested purchases late in this month.

March.
An offer on the house was made and accepted. Our prayerful plan was if the house sold we would move to Florida to be with my sister who was caregiver for the folks.

April.
The hand of God was directing all aspects of this transition. The job I began at Walmart in May (for the very purpose of a future transfer south) released me to the store closest to my sister’s home. The house agreement began to work out with the financing all falling into place. The Fellowship of Christ-Followers I was leading as Pastor received my resignation after 7 years of ministry there and my last Sunday on April 12th led to a loading up of our truck and leaving NH the next day. We arrived in Florida on Wednesday the 15th and I began working at my new job on the 18th.

May.
It was clear my parents (both in their 80s) were failing – Dad physically and Mom with her dementia. Dad injured his back weed-whacking which led to a hospital stay then the Rehab facility (the same place Mom was at). Dad came home Memorial weekend on Saturday for a meal and visit which was great. But by Memorial Day Monday morning he was taken back to the hospital as he was agonizing at the facility most of the night on Sunday. Dad’s body was shutting down. His visit at home was his last real communications with us.

June. When it was clear Dad was about to leave us, Deb and I decided to bring him home. We were by his side when he took his last breath on June 3rd. Although my time with my best bud was short (6 weeks), it was full and fun. We could again see God’s hand leading and guiding all the way. We retired my 4-wheel drive Dodge Dakota with NO working A/C for a 2012 Dodge Journey. A really comfortable crossover with great mileage and “COLD” A/C!

July-September. Florida Summer Heat! My transfer to the Poinciana Walmart in Kissimmee put me out in the Auto Care Shop as a service tech. There’s no A/C out there. So I jumped into the Heat and Humidity with both feet. In the recent past I would no longer sweat in such heat in New England (and our visits in Florida) but sweating returned on this job day in and day out. Plus many said to us this was record heat in Florida, too! In early August I slipped on an oily lift while getting out of a car and felt discomfort in my knee. Workers Comp has me in rehab twice weekly and I just had an MRI done on the knee. We are waiting the results.

October. Vacation!!! The new vehicle took its first long trip (1500 miles one way) to New Hampshire. We finalized things with our bank. We met with the new house owner and stayed with friends in Bristol and Reading, Massachusetts. We later flew from Boston to Denver for a visit with our sons and grandson. What a great trip. Denver and Colorado are amazing. The Rockies are beautiful and Tim and Pete knew just where to take us. We were there for just a few days before flying back resting up some in the Boston area then driving back south. We spent the final few days of vacation in Hilton Head Island in SC just over the border of historic Savannah, Georgia.

November-December. Some Florida Fall weather has come for a visit. You can tell the dew-point has lessened but the hot sun is persistent. Normal temps are usually low 70s. We’ve had some record breakers. It did get to 48 degrees one morning a few weeks ago, but here it is – Christmas and it’s green and tropical and in the mid-80s! The WMUR (TV9 Manchester) app on my smart phone tells me that NH has been warmer this Christmas as well. Kathy and I did get to see snow fly in Celebration, FL (the town Disney built) a few weeks ago in that town’s Christmas Festival. It looked real but at 75 degrees, you know it’s an illusion!  

There it is. Our Year 2015. No longer New Hampshire residents but now Florida residents. We miss you all and pray the Lord grants you peace and joy this Christmas. May He bless you richly.


All our love, Mike, Kathy along with Mike’s sister Deb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MMB Jan 8 2023

BLESSINGS OF A NEW YEAR I am thinking about 2022. The year didn't go fully as planned. It did, however, go exactly how God planned. He reminded my just yesterday something of significance He did for us in 2022. I will not share the details because it's not the point, but I will share with a simple statement that the faithfulness of God Almighty has been a dynamic reality this past year.  We left 2021 with our roofing company which replaced our leaky roof with a brand new one but causing the living room ceiling to collapse in front of us. God's faithful hand of protection and care kept that ceiling from coming completely down until just a day or two from when the repair team showed up to fix the ceiling. The crew of three dwindled later that day to a 60 year old man working by himself to shore up the existing woodwork that was totally weakened and damaged over the years prior to our purchase 6 months earlier. the roof was replaced in one day in mid-October. The ceiling worke

MMB 6-26-23

Summer Heat Of course it's always hot in Florida. Well, I'm from New England and I've seen it almost 30° below zero. I've also seen it snow in every month but July. So saying it's always hot in Florida is relative. Since moving here 8 years ago, my blood has thinned so a 50° day means a warm hoodie and hat. I've lost all respect for cold 🥶. In my latter years in Northern New Hampshire the rule was if my feet are cold the rest of me is cold. There are pictures of me sitting in my living room with two sweat shirts, a woolen cap and a blanket on me mid winter even though the woodstove just 6 feet away was putting out 80+° in the house.  Summer heat whether here in Florida or in dog days of summer (3 H's - Hazy, Hot, Humid) in NH are uncomfortable. It's staggering to me that people tolerated such heat prior to central A/C. Just this week in 90° temps and dew points at 73° when I got in our car I'd turn on the A/C immediately after starting it was so op

MMB Listen to this #8

Welcome back to my life adventure "B.M." (Before Marriage)! Actually, as you've noticed in some of the earlier episodes, I noticed Kathy in 1973 but really hooked up with her in 1974 and we became engaged in 1975. So this summer will be 50 years of becoming connected together. Then we were married in 1976 making this past anniversary our 47th. But onto the continuing saga. I had mentioned previously about Greg Laurie's film released this year "The Jesus Revolution". We were able to view the film a couple of weeks ago. It was a full reminder of what was happening in the late 60s and early 70s. All around the time of this adventure of mine being penned in this blog. Shortly after high school graduation (1971) and my 5 months into 1972 at WOLBI, I became a working man at my first 40 hr week job. A pre-Walmart New England retail department store opened their first chain in my home town of Southbridge, MA. A number of their early stores were housed in former mill