Skip to main content

MID-WEEK BLOG #1 ... October 2, 2018

MID-WEEK BLOG #1 ... October 2, 2018

What Is Happening?

Today I begin a new weekly post called Mid-Week Blog. Simply, it will discuss three things:

   1. Things Happening in Our Lives

   2.Things Happening in Our Mission Efforts

   3.Things Happening in Our Future Plans

PAST >>> We left Florida in July of 2017 to become part of SEND Phoenix Church Planting Team under the North American Mission Board (NAMB). We then arrived in Phoenix in early August securing an apartment later in the month. We went through the NAMB SEND Assessment Retreat in early October. At that time our planting pastor/mentor became gravely ill and it put us in a very hard position. Circumstances then led to a returning to Florida in March. Just the other day, I told my family that we've been back in Florida the same amount of time as we were in Phoenix. So time really flies.

PRESENT >>> We've been seeking the Lord as to what turn we should make next. In our seeking, we found a church in one of the areas that our hearts have been drawn to on the Atlantic coast of Central Florida. The church has already planted a number of churches over the past 50 years in the area and they have stepped up their efforts in church planting as this area of the Space Coast is experience expansive growth. Just over a month ago, Kathy and I have become involved with the NAMB SEND PipeLine for Church Planting (the same one we tried to hard to get on in Arizona) and we are involved in a small group involved in this process. You can explore their website to see their heart for the Mission of Church Planting. This current module will take us until April to complete. During the time of working through the PipeLine, Kathy and I asking God to make clear His timing and place for a new church plant.

FUTURE >>> That is still coming! And we will share more as we know more!

PRAYER NEEDS:
  >> PT or FT work in the Melbourne, Palm Bay, Sebastian area
  >> Affordable Housing to not only be what we need but what we can use for Missional            efforts
  >> A clear, unmistakable section of the city of Melbourne, or the surrounding area to               church plant


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Hold - The Finale

Today is July 20th. August is upon us and so is the 6th month of unemployment. Correct. After many applications and about 6-7 interviews I am still without work. I was interviewed twice (two different companies) in person this week and I'm waiting on their call back. Both indicated there must be a second interview with others involved. The last offering (Part 2) eluded to a humbling lesson learned. When I walked out of my last job on February 7th I made a to-myself-statement. Essentially I said I'll never work for this company again. But that was before my first humble pie piece I had to eat. So I put in applications with the company's other stores close by. Also I used a second email address so I wouldn't be tied to the store I worked at. I must have been hungry because I began to eat another piece of that pie. I finally reapplied at the store I exited 5 months earlier and yes, used my regular email address to do so. The first part of On Hold revealed my money from my ...

MMB Monday Morning Blog 8-26-24 Seasons

There are four season in the year. In Florida, where I currently live, the season are here too but not like in New Hampshire where I'm from. Florida has HEAT. I remember visiting my parents back in the 90s at their winter home in Wachula around Thanksgiving. We already had snow before our drive south. As we hit Virginia and North Carolina it was apparent we were no longer in the frozen tundra. My parent's mobile home had two bedrooms. It wasn't big enough for us and our two sons. They did, however, have a pop-up trailer under the carport, so it was fine. To stay in a pop-up in Northern New England in late November mas near impossible. You would begin to shiver in about 5 minutes. Nights would reach a low of 0°-20°F. But not so in Florida. After a great Thanksgiving feast we went shopping at the local Walmart. They no longer stay open on Thanksgiving. As I walked into the store I was hit with culture shock. The store was in festive colors and lighting for Christmas but one t...

Blessed ... Psalm 33

"Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord." Psalm 33:12 ESV Post election comments for the Church of Jesus Christ. This is not a political statement. This is not a pro-candidate writing. This is not to be seen other than a word to the Body of Christ. Politics divide. The Holy Spirit unites. Politics are extreme. The Lord is loving to all. Politics have agendas. The Heavenly Father has a perfect will. Politics will use hate speech. God speaks with mercy and grace. Politics lifts up personalities. Christ is the one who must be lifted up. This past season of politics in America ended today. Oh, there are a few races left to be determined but your mail box and streets should finally become free from political litter (I call it). What we witnessed was some of the worst politics have to offer. Accusations. Melays. Hate Speech. Blatant made up lies and mistruths. Politics bring out the worst in people. It is clear that the god of this cosmos (devil) goes full force to bring f...