Skip to main content

Kingdom Church

Sorry about Monday Morning Blog ... THIS IS FRIDAY!

Nevertheless, I've been thinking a lot about the Kingdom of God lately. I read the gospels, some exciting verses in the epistles and I see "the Kingdom" mentioned. I mean it hits me right square between the eyes.

In reflection, these readings strike me as different than I saw them in the past. I really thought the "church" was the highlight of the New Testament writings but I see Jesus' statements about the kingdom and the epistle writers statements to be far different than that. This is not minimizing the importance of ecclesia ... within Kingdom thinking and teaching it is enhanced toward God's actual design.

I've pastored the ecclesia for 30 years and for the majority of them, Kingdom and the King of the Kingdom was rarely referred to (unless it just happened to show up in the passage for the sermon that Sunday).

A few years back, though, that began to change. I began reading the Scriptures with full (not half-opened) eyes. How could I have avoided this vital subject so long? I taught a series to some summer people at a nearby Bible Conference about this subject in fact I called it "Misunderstanding the Kingdom". Then, I was asked recently to speak to volunteer servants coming to the same camp facility and immediately I saw from God the passage in Matthew 9 and 10 where Jesus called his 12 disciples to be the verses I was to teach. Jesus simply said to his disciples as He sent them out to proclaim the Kingdom. And then He spends chapters and verses to follow explaining what the Kingdom is and it IS NOT what we normally think (or have been taught) it is!

As humans, and within human nature, we tend to "steal" from God what's His and His alone by putting in our two cents. God doesn't need our two cents (and often doesn't want it). Let's catch His message about the realm of the Holy One and let His Spirit build them into our hearts.

Yesterday, I heard this song (#19 on I Heart Radio 'Christian Hits') "Bring Your Kingdom Here". I leave you with the words and the link to hear it.

Come set Your rule and reign
In our hearts again
Increase in us we pray
Unveil why we're made
Come set our hearts ablaze with hope
Like wildfire in our very souls
Holy Spirit come invade us now

We are Your Church
We need Your power in Us

We seek Your kingdom first
We hunger and we thirst
Refuse to waste our lives
For You're our joy and prize
To see the captive hearts released
The hurt; the sick; the poor at peace
We lay down our lives for Heaven's cause

WE are Your church
We pray revive
This earth

Build Your kingdom here
Let the darkness fear
Show Your mighty hand
Heal our streets and land
Set Your church on fire
Win this nation back
Change the atmosphere
Build Your kingdom here we pray
Unleash Your kingdom's power
Reaching the near and far
No force of hell can stop
Your beauty changing hearts
You made us for much more than this
Awake the kingdom see in us
Fill us with the strenghth and love of Christ
We are Your church
We are the hope
On earth

http://worshiptogether.com/songs/songdetail.aspx?iid=1894414

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MMB Jan 8 2023

BLESSINGS OF A NEW YEAR I am thinking about 2022. The year didn't go fully as planned. It did, however, go exactly how God planned. He reminded my just yesterday something of significance He did for us in 2022. I will not share the details because it's not the point, but I will share with a simple statement that the faithfulness of God Almighty has been a dynamic reality this past year.  We left 2021 with our roofing company which replaced our leaky roof with a brand new one but causing the living room ceiling to collapse in front of us. God's faithful hand of protection and care kept that ceiling from coming completely down until just a day or two from when the repair team showed up to fix the ceiling. The crew of three dwindled later that day to a 60 year old man working by himself to shore up the existing woodwork that was totally weakened and damaged over the years prior to our purchase 6 months earlier. the roof was replaced in one day in mid-October. The ceiling worke

MMB 6-26-23

Summer Heat Of course it's always hot in Florida. Well, I'm from New England and I've seen it almost 30° below zero. I've also seen it snow in every month but July. So saying it's always hot in Florida is relative. Since moving here 8 years ago, my blood has thinned so a 50° day means a warm hoodie and hat. I've lost all respect for cold 🥶. In my latter years in Northern New Hampshire the rule was if my feet are cold the rest of me is cold. There are pictures of me sitting in my living room with two sweat shirts, a woolen cap and a blanket on me mid winter even though the woodstove just 6 feet away was putting out 80+° in the house.  Summer heat whether here in Florida or in dog days of summer (3 H's - Hazy, Hot, Humid) in NH are uncomfortable. It's staggering to me that people tolerated such heat prior to central A/C. Just this week in 90° temps and dew points at 73° when I got in our car I'd turn on the A/C immediately after starting it was so op

MMB Listen to this #8

Welcome back to my life adventure "B.M." (Before Marriage)! Actually, as you've noticed in some of the earlier episodes, I noticed Kathy in 1973 but really hooked up with her in 1974 and we became engaged in 1975. So this summer will be 50 years of becoming connected together. Then we were married in 1976 making this past anniversary our 47th. But onto the continuing saga. I had mentioned previously about Greg Laurie's film released this year "The Jesus Revolution". We were able to view the film a couple of weeks ago. It was a full reminder of what was happening in the late 60s and early 70s. All around the time of this adventure of mine being penned in this blog. Shortly after high school graduation (1971) and my 5 months into 1972 at WOLBI, I became a working man at my first 40 hr week job. A pre-Walmart New England retail department store opened their first chain in my home town of Southbridge, MA. A number of their early stores were housed in former mill