Skip to main content

Monday Morning Blog - July 14, 2014

FREE OF RELIGIOUS RITUALISM - Galatians 5:2-4




Paul speaks of the shackles of the "Law" when he refers to the Jewish Religious Ritual (and Requirement ... before Christ came) of circumcision. He does so to compare the Law with Grace. Essentially the Law was a bondage ... a burden; because no one could keep it acceptably. One could try but any failure caused the whole thing to be labeled "FAILURE". 

God provided freedom from the bounds of the law in Jesus Christ (who, by the way, is the only one who kept the Law perfectly, being impeccable Himself - without sin). Freedom in Christ Jesus erases all facets of bondage included religiousness! The words Paul wrote, he wrote from the Holy Spirit who used Paul's own experience as a Hebrew and Jewish Leader. See what he says in verses 2-4. (NIV) 2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 

God's design was that the law was good and necessary in pointing all mankind to their need for the "Perfect One", Jesus Christ. No one but Christ himself ever kept the Law fully. He became our substitute for fulfilling the Law - so in reality ... Christ is better! Christ via "Grace" broke the demands of the Law. Exodus 20 shows the demands of the Law (10 Commandments) while Ephesians 2 display the marvel of Grace ( 8 "for by grace you've been saved through faith ... it is the gift of God")!

There is provided for all a Grace Liberation! And it's a Grace Freedom Reality! Jesus Himself is that Grace Reality that sets man free. God's blueprint for setting man free is GRACE. God's pattern for man's freedom from the Law is GRACE. God's plan for releasing man fro shackles of sin is GRACE. GRACE FREEDOM REALITY is in the very person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Freedom comes gift-wrapped to you from the Almighty in a Five-Letter Word: G-R-A-C-E!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MMB Jan 8 2023

BLESSINGS OF A NEW YEAR I am thinking about 2022. The year didn't go fully as planned. It did, however, go exactly how God planned. He reminded my just yesterday something of significance He did for us in 2022. I will not share the details because it's not the point, but I will share with a simple statement that the faithfulness of God Almighty has been a dynamic reality this past year.  We left 2021 with our roofing company which replaced our leaky roof with a brand new one but causing the living room ceiling to collapse in front of us. God's faithful hand of protection and care kept that ceiling from coming completely down until just a day or two from when the repair team showed up to fix the ceiling. The crew of three dwindled later that day to a 60 year old man working by himself to shore up the existing woodwork that was totally weakened and damaged over the years prior to our purchase 6 months earlier. the roof was replaced in one day in mid-October. The ceiling worke

MMB 6-26-23

Summer Heat Of course it's always hot in Florida. Well, I'm from New England and I've seen it almost 30° below zero. I've also seen it snow in every month but July. So saying it's always hot in Florida is relative. Since moving here 8 years ago, my blood has thinned so a 50° day means a warm hoodie and hat. I've lost all respect for cold 🥶. In my latter years in Northern New Hampshire the rule was if my feet are cold the rest of me is cold. There are pictures of me sitting in my living room with two sweat shirts, a woolen cap and a blanket on me mid winter even though the woodstove just 6 feet away was putting out 80+° in the house.  Summer heat whether here in Florida or in dog days of summer (3 H's - Hazy, Hot, Humid) in NH are uncomfortable. It's staggering to me that people tolerated such heat prior to central A/C. Just this week in 90° temps and dew points at 73° when I got in our car I'd turn on the A/C immediately after starting it was so op

MMB Listen to this #8

Welcome back to my life adventure "B.M." (Before Marriage)! Actually, as you've noticed in some of the earlier episodes, I noticed Kathy in 1973 but really hooked up with her in 1974 and we became engaged in 1975. So this summer will be 50 years of becoming connected together. Then we were married in 1976 making this past anniversary our 47th. But onto the continuing saga. I had mentioned previously about Greg Laurie's film released this year "The Jesus Revolution". We were able to view the film a couple of weeks ago. It was a full reminder of what was happening in the late 60s and early 70s. All around the time of this adventure of mine being penned in this blog. Shortly after high school graduation (1971) and my 5 months into 1972 at WOLBI, I became a working man at my first 40 hr week job. A pre-Walmart New England retail department store opened their first chain in my home town of Southbridge, MA. A number of their early stores were housed in former mill