Skip to main content

Renewal

The story I began a few months back and left during Easter I am planning to return to very soon on the Monday Morning Blog.

But as I have been meditating recently on my life I see I need a renewal to the Great Commission and Great Command of the Lord Jesus in my life.

Around 2005, I saw something that I really never heeded as I read the Scriptures. In fact, it became my life mission. Simply put it was in these words that I began a new thing: Love God, Love Others, Make Disciples. For more than 10 years I made that my Life Journey. But I've noticed recently I have slowly slipped from that replacing it with feelings of resentment and downright hate. I would look down at others. I would see them as ignorant and stupid. I wasn't humbled but haughty at others. I would talk harshly and make faces at their ignorance. My heart became hard. I was no longer Loving God and certainly not loving others. This past weekend I was challenged to this failure in my life. Now it is ever present before me. And in dealing with others I am becoming more compassionate. Oh how easy it would be to slip into my old recent ways, but God's Spirit is nudging me to walk in His righteousness. I am more conscious of other's needs than their lack of understanding or ignorance. I have more strides to make in this renewed heart of commitment to Jesus' Great Commission and Command. Old habits are hard to break. But I am breaking them with the Spirit's help.

My prayer is that Christ Followers including and especially myself, find His grace and mercy and peace to show others His Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MMB Jan 8 2023

BLESSINGS OF A NEW YEAR I am thinking about 2022. The year didn't go fully as planned. It did, however, go exactly how God planned. He reminded my just yesterday something of significance He did for us in 2022. I will not share the details because it's not the point, but I will share with a simple statement that the faithfulness of God Almighty has been a dynamic reality this past year.  We left 2021 with our roofing company which replaced our leaky roof with a brand new one but causing the living room ceiling to collapse in front of us. God's faithful hand of protection and care kept that ceiling from coming completely down until just a day or two from when the repair team showed up to fix the ceiling. The crew of three dwindled later that day to a 60 year old man working by himself to shore up the existing woodwork that was totally weakened and damaged over the years prior to our purchase 6 months earlier. the roof was replaced in one day in mid-October. The ceiling worke

MMB 6-26-23

Summer Heat Of course it's always hot in Florida. Well, I'm from New England and I've seen it almost 30° below zero. I've also seen it snow in every month but July. So saying it's always hot in Florida is relative. Since moving here 8 years ago, my blood has thinned so a 50° day means a warm hoodie and hat. I've lost all respect for cold 🥶. In my latter years in Northern New Hampshire the rule was if my feet are cold the rest of me is cold. There are pictures of me sitting in my living room with two sweat shirts, a woolen cap and a blanket on me mid winter even though the woodstove just 6 feet away was putting out 80+° in the house.  Summer heat whether here in Florida or in dog days of summer (3 H's - Hazy, Hot, Humid) in NH are uncomfortable. It's staggering to me that people tolerated such heat prior to central A/C. Just this week in 90° temps and dew points at 73° when I got in our car I'd turn on the A/C immediately after starting it was so op

MMB Listen to this #8

Welcome back to my life adventure "B.M." (Before Marriage)! Actually, as you've noticed in some of the earlier episodes, I noticed Kathy in 1973 but really hooked up with her in 1974 and we became engaged in 1975. So this summer will be 50 years of becoming connected together. Then we were married in 1976 making this past anniversary our 47th. But onto the continuing saga. I had mentioned previously about Greg Laurie's film released this year "The Jesus Revolution". We were able to view the film a couple of weeks ago. It was a full reminder of what was happening in the late 60s and early 70s. All around the time of this adventure of mine being penned in this blog. Shortly after high school graduation (1971) and my 5 months into 1972 at WOLBI, I became a working man at my first 40 hr week job. A pre-Walmart New England retail department store opened their first chain in my home town of Southbridge, MA. A number of their early stores were housed in former mill