Skip to main content

MMB - 2-20-2017

KAT.BLOG

It's coming up to 10 years since the day my dear wife of 30 years (at that time) slumped over the living room chair and fell to the floor while trying to go to the bathroom. Unknown to me, she slept in the recliner that Saturday night and woke Sunday morning with left side weakness. She had had a right side carotid artery dissection that resulted in a lack of oxygen in the right side of her brain. It was the result of a jarring to her head by a fall she had earlier in the weekend. When the MRI result returned the Dr. announced that Kathy had a "Major Stroke".

Of course, our many friends wanted to know more and more about Kat's condition, but being with her at the major medical center about an hour away in Lebanon, NH (Dartmouth-Hitchcock) and later the rehab facility also an hour away in the other direction in Concord, NH (HealthSouth), it would be exhausting to keep rehearsing with new people the ongoing story ... so I started a blog. The decision to do so was certainly the right one as many responded to the blogs in the comment section over and again.

Not only does the blog chronicle the events of her recovery, it also shows the work of God in this new facet of her journey (which is ongoing here 10 years later). We have both been intrigued by a young mother who also had a major stroke and she and her husband have been sharing the story ever since. The site for the Wolf's is hopeheals.com. This has stirred the possibility of Kathy too taking the blog posts along with newly unseen journal posts she has written to be combined into an amazing life story of her journey. The book will have her chosen title, "Days of Destination". 

Some of the posts on her blog are hers, but most are mine. The journal she has kept, though are all her entries. We hope to coordinate all these entries in such a way that will give a picture of God's activity in her new life condition and how great He is. You can view the blog here at Kat.Blog. As with all blogs, the newest posts show up first. You have to scroll pages back to see the very beginning first posted on April 30, 2007.

For those of you who know us, please pray as we work together on this project in the days ahead as we seek to help others and glorify God!

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Hold - The Finale

Today is July 20th. August is upon us and so is the 6th month of unemployment. Correct. After many applications and about 6-7 interviews I am still without work. I was interviewed twice (two different companies) in person this week and I'm waiting on their call back. Both indicated there must be a second interview with others involved. The last offering (Part 2) eluded to a humbling lesson learned. When I walked out of my last job on February 7th I made a to-myself-statement. Essentially I said I'll never work for this company again. But that was before my first humble pie piece I had to eat. So I put in applications with the company's other stores close by. Also I used a second email address so I wouldn't be tied to the store I worked at. I must have been hungry because I began to eat another piece of that pie. I finally reapplied at the store I exited 5 months earlier and yes, used my regular email address to do so. The first part of On Hold revealed my money from my ...

Revelation - A Bible Book Often Avoided

MMB 7-1-2024 I have an app on my phone that reminds me of my daily Scripture reading so I can complete reading the Bible in one year. That completion date for me was yesterday June 30, 2024. The app I use suggests three chapters a day except for Sunday which is five chapter readings. I completed an inspiring read through the Book of Revelation yesterday. Many avoid Revelation because of its many "Sevens" that appear confusing. Seven Angels, Seven Bowls, Seven trumpets, Seven Scrolls ... they're there. Then there are descriptions of certain creatures with multiple heads and faces and horns which can shock anyone. But Revelation mostly explains the confusing terms as you read on. You can't give up. You can't fear the terminology. You can't avoid those unknowns because they are soon revealed.  I've decided to re-read the Book. I've done two years of reading through the Bible and I will take a break from that now. But I won't stop reading Scripture. I ...

Blessed ... Psalm 33

"Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord." Psalm 33:12 ESV Post election comments for the Church of Jesus Christ. This is not a political statement. This is not a pro-candidate writing. This is not to be seen other than a word to the Body of Christ. Politics divide. The Holy Spirit unites. Politics are extreme. The Lord is loving to all. Politics have agendas. The Heavenly Father has a perfect will. Politics will use hate speech. God speaks with mercy and grace. Politics lifts up personalities. Christ is the one who must be lifted up. This past season of politics in America ended today. Oh, there are a few races left to be determined but your mail box and streets should finally become free from political litter (I call it). What we witnessed was some of the worst politics have to offer. Accusations. Melays. Hate Speech. Blatant made up lies and mistruths. Politics bring out the worst in people. It is clear that the god of this cosmos (devil) goes full force to bring f...